Thursday, August 7, 2008

Recap of First Class

A couple of years ago my friend Jodi and I would take our girls to ballet and watch the ScreamFree Parenting DVD's in her SUV. I can remember being so exicted that someone else felt the same way as I did about parenting. We would share about how we love our children so very much but we were not enjoying them and wanted to change that. We would talk a lot and I could not wait to get the word out to more people about how this book had changed my life. Last night that dream came true for me when I was able to share the ScreamFree Revolution in a class setting.We had about 25 people (I could be way off) last night in our first class. We had single parents, educators, frustrated parents, parents of one child and parents with many children. I was so nervous that I can hardly remember the class but it seemed everything went well! (thanks for the compliment Jodi!) Most people feel the same way: we want to be able to keep our cool with our kids. Some people had heard of the book before but most people had not. It will be exciting to see how things go the next 9 weeks. Everyone enjoyed Hal's Waffle House story!

4 comments:

Tiffany Pezent said...

Michele, I thought you did a great job last night. I know you say it is out of your comfort zone, but I could not tell. I am just so thankful that God has spoken to you about this class and you are bringing it to all of us. I now can say "I'm not alone"!I am extremely excited about what God has in store for my family through this class. I can finally begin to swim to the top instead of sinking to the bottom! Thank you for everything you are doing!

jodi said...

I love Tiffany's analogy about swimming to the top instead of sinking to the bottom. That is defnitely how I have felt at times! :)

Michele said...

Thanks for the comments you guys. You have made my day!

Neil McNerney said...

Michelle,

Congrats on your first class! Your dedication to your parents is stellar! Parenting is one of the hardest jobs we'll ever love. I can't wait until you are able to "train the trainers" and share your experience with the other certified ScreamFree Leaders.

Neil McNerney
www.neilmcnerney.com
www.screamfree.com