Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Class Tonight

About four years ago I heard Hal Runkel on an interview on our local radio station, 104.7 The Fish talking about his book ScreamFree Parenting. I bought the book and read it on vacation. I knew right away that the Lord was going to use me to get the word out about this book. It was exactly what I felt parenting should be but did not know how to put my feelings into words. This book does that. In April I went to the home office (which happens to be in Duluth) for two days of facilitator certification. For me, it was an amazing two days and I learned a lot about me and how to facilitate a class. So, here I am, four years later starting my first class tonight. I'm also excited to have my husband Dave help me lead this class (when he's not at the fire department!). I'm glad we are able to do something together that will impact families for a life change in their home! I hope I will be able to lead many more classes at churches all over my community! Hopefully, this blog will help all my class members to share some good ideas and get support from fellow class members or whoever else wants to join in!

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a NEW thing."
Isaiah 43: 18, 19

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After we left church, my wife and I enjoyed a refreshing vivanno (free w/ a coupon) from Starbucks as we worked on the activities within the workbook. Some of the questions did not pertain to us because we are expecting our first child in January. However, it did provide an opportunity for us to discuss things that we have not and may not have talked about. I hope everyone will get something out of this course. I look forward to next week.

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made said...

"So he returned home to his father. And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him."
~ Luke 15:20

May God bless you and all those who seek His richness and wisdom in their lives and the lives of their children! Love, Nicole